I Am My Baby's Best Friend

>> Friday, February 6, 2009

He fiercely grabs my face and gives me open-mouth baby kisses on my cheeks and chin. He holds onto my hair as if he is afraid I will try to get away. He smiles when he sees me and has the most adorable laugh when I kiss his belly. He has even started to say "ma" (I swear!!). I am my baby's best friend... and I love it!! There is only one problem. He doesn't seem to want to be friends with many others at this point. On my one workday every week, he hold out all day long, refusing to take a bottle or anything else until I get home and he can nurse. He screams until he gets tuckered out and then wakes from his nap hungry. So he starts to cry again. I can't take it. I am not there to hear the crying, but it is still torture for me to be at work knowing that he is with Grandma but wanting Mommy.

He cries when I leave his sight. He can be ok with other people. And he is sometimes. He just very obviously prefers mama. Which is fine with me, to a point. I love the nuzzles and kisses and baby-hugs with his arms flung around my neck. But, I do need him to be ok with daddy and even on his own now and then. He will grow out of it. He will. But, now that I think about it, Lucas still prefers to be with me over anyone else (most of the time). I love this about my boys. I probably wouldn't really have it any other way. I am banking on the hope that I am laying a solid foundation of love and trust and relationship with my boys so that when the day comes that they are ready to leave my nest, they will always want to come back and be with me.



I am my baby's best friend. And my toddler's too. It is exhausting, but priceless.

Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

3 comments:

Unknown February 7, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Just the other day, I said, "I am my toddler's Lovey." She hasn't shown a strong attachment to any one toy, although she does have a few favorite. I realized that I am her Lovey. I love being her Lovey, but it can be overwhelming at times.

Mindy February 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

Aspen and I are bonded in the same way. Although there are times when it's hard, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Unknown February 8, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

Somebody give that kid a bumpa. or however you spell it.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP