Busy Body

>> Thursday, January 22, 2009

I am not doing so well so far at simplifying life. I am in the midst of reading about 5books (some about how to simplify your life- oh, the irony!), scheduling playdates, taking on projects, finishing ones that are long over-do, etc... All that on top of the women' bible study I have dropped out of at least twice and am really making a go at this time, potty training, nap training, ... Unfortunately, writing and reading blog posts has not been tops on my to-do list this week.
I am hoping that next week will slow down a bit or at least give me a moment to it and be intentional about what I am planning. I feel too busy to even figure out why I am too busy. Isn't that SO lame? Ridiculous, really. I know that someday my headstone is going to read "She had some really great ideas, but..."
I am finishing a project tonight that ha been weighing on my mind and then I have one more to finish by this weekend. Then, maybe some breathing room. Maybe some time to sit and think, reflect, simplify.... For now, will you be content with some recent shots of my little men? They both get cuter by the day. :)

Lucas now loves to sit in the recliner and read while watching the snow outside

Baby in the hood

My boys sharing the couch on Family Movie Night


Lucas thought it was hilarious to stand in front of the mirror and watch the snack go in his mouthMy drooly, teething baby

Oh, and I chose the black, cozy sweater. I was going to buy the yoga outfit but it was more than my giftcard and the sweater was the exact amount. Good guesses, y'all! I guess you know me pretty well.

6 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE January 22, 2009 at 7:08 AM  

F-What I have found really has helped me the past few months in simplifying is decluttering. That's the only step I've taken and like I've said, I've gotten rid of 17 garbage bags of excess stuff. Once that stuff is gone-that you don't use anyway!-I found that the house is SO much easier to clean and keep clean. With a clean house I feel like I can breathe and I don't have that pressing on every side to get things clean. Instead I can be with my daughter, in the moment and play with her. Does that make sense? I decluttered over the course of about 6 weeks by dedicating only 15 minutes a day to it. Just pick a room or a closet and start there. ANyway, too long of a comment for a blog, but I hope some of that helps! BTW, I feel like you and Catherine are the opitomy of peace and simplification and right priorities...but maybe you just put up a good show. :)

Danyele Easterhaus January 22, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

that cracks me up...lucas watching the snack go into his mouth! my b would def do that!

Mindy January 22, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

Your boys are just so darling! I have to say too that decluttering made all the difference for me too in how much easier it was to keep the house clean and have more time for family and fun.

Mike the Waiter January 22, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

beautiful photos... beautiful kids. you are blessed.

Heather January 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

you are so funny! reading 5 books about simplifying. :) i love you farrah!

i hope you can find the right rhythm for you and your boys.

love the photos of the boys...so adorable ofcourse! they are such sweeties.

Heather January 24, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

juliette loves the pictures of the boys too! she said, "ahhh...look at caden!!!" and "I want to see Lukey up close"

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP