The Problem Is...

>> Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lucas has a new obsession.... the movie "Cars". We borrowed it from my sister-in-law and he already has a good portion of the movie memorized. He only watches in 20-30min. segments but he wants to watch it all the time. The little $2 Lightning McQueen matchbox car he got in his stocking is one of his favorite Christmas gifts.

So, this morning as we were finishing breakfast, he asked me to watch a bit of the movie. "No," I told him, "we have to go upstairs and get ready for church."

He came and got right up in my face and said...

"The problem is, mommy, that I don't want to do that. I just want to watch "Cars" and NOT get ready for church."

I couldn't contain my laughter! What 2 year old talks like that?!?! I guess my little precocious man who is too-smart-for-his-own-good. So hilarious!
Since when does my two year old make the rules? Oh, yeah...he just thinks he does. :)

4 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE January 5, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

Man, I am so impressed w/ everyone who only does 20-30 minute increments of movies! I totally let her wathc half a movie when she has one-which has been maybe 2x in her life. Guess 20-30 minutes is not nearly long enough for me!

That's funny-Anne did something similar to us too the other day-very teenager like of them, don't you think?

TwoSquareMeals January 5, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

I'm pretty sure we had that exact conversation in our house when Calvin was 2...over and over and over again. What is it about Cars? He likes other Pixar movies, too, but Cars was an obsession on a whole different level!

Catherine January 5, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

I'll tell you what two year old talks like that and makes up the rules...mine does! Several times a day when M or I tell him to do something or not do something, he'll just keep on doing what he's doing and say "No, I WANT to do that" or "No, I don't want to do that, I want to do (this other thing)" depending on context. What in the world?! Then, when we reinforce the message he'll look us in the eye and say "But *I* WANT to do this." :)

Farrah January 5, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

April~We try to limit it to 20min at a time but we usually go over. And it is very teenager of them...
Two Square~ I think Lucas and Calvin are more alike than we have known up to this point. THey would either love to play together or get frustrated that they couldn't both be the boss.
Cath~ Two year olds are a handful for sure. It was the "the problem is, mommy,..." that I thought was so hilarious. He sounded so grown up and as if he was trying to logically convince me to let him watch the movie. hehe!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP