My Little Love

>> Sunday, March 22, 2009

Three years ago tonight, I sat at dinner with Hubby and my parents, a nervous wreck about what would happen the next day. I was terrified, anxious, and yet so very excited. I was about to meet my son!! And once we met, there was no parting us from there. :)
He is my Lucas, my little love. His smile melts through all the frustration and fatigue that he leaves in his wake. I love watching him read a book or do a puzzle, his little mind working at mach speed. I love hearing the elaborate stories he creates in his head, his imagination taking him to the moon and back with all kinds of adventure along the way.
I wish I could spend the whole day with him cuddled up next to me, reading stories or watching a movie. He is his mama's boy and I adore him too. I love to kiss his sweet head as he sleeps or sneak in a hug as he runs past. For months I have been telling him that he gives the greatest bear hugs (he really does!). Now, he will come up to me and say "Mommy, do you need a hug? I give really great bear hugs!"
We have come a long way from the day we first met. Long nights walking with him in the sling to get him back to sleep, early morning wake up calls 'cuz he just can't wait to be back on the go. Hours of playing trains and cars and making up distinct noises for each one. Adventures with dinos and pirates and animal parades. Exhausting days of role playing and book reading and art projects. But I really wouldn't have it any other way.
With every day that goes by, he is becoming less and less my little baby and more a little man. He has such a tender soul, imaginative mind, loving heart. He does all things full speed. He plays fully, argues fully, disobeys fully, and yet loves his mama fully too. But as big as he is, he still loves to crawl up in mama's lap or hold my hand as I sit by his bed helping him ease into sleep. Just today, he was laying on the couch watching Peter Pan. I came and sat near him and he grabbed my arm and said "Thanks for watching this with me, Mommy. You can rub my legs, if you want to." And I do.
My heart smiles when I hear him learning memory verses and talk about how much he loves God or that God healed the "boo-boo on his toe." He expresses love for each of his brothers and his friends and mama and daddy too. He is stubborn and strong-willed and at times precocious. And yet so tender and insightful and my heart on the outside.

Happy 3rd Birthday, my Precious Lucas, my Little Love!! You are the evidence of God's mercy and love to me.




Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

8 comments:

Anonymous March 23, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

Aww Lucas is so darn cute! Tell him Cookie Monster Lisa says happy birthday and hopefully I'll come for a visit sometime soon!

Much love,
Lisa Marie

Anonymous March 23, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

Happy BIrthday !!!!
Aren't boys great ? :)

Heather March 23, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

awe! happy birthday lucas!

Just Me March 23, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

I cannot believe how bug he is!!!! Look at him!!! He is such a sweet boy

Amanda March 23, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

Beautiful and very sweet post Farrah...

This bit brought a tear to my sappy eyes...

"Thanks for watching this with me, Mommy. You can rub my legs, if you want to." And I do.

Love to you...and Happy Belated Birthday to Lucas!

Ashley March 24, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

Happy Birthday little man!!!!!!

Aimee @ Smiling Mama March 24, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

I just discovered you through the big feed swap and had to comment because I have my own 3 year old Lucas. Happy Birthday to your Lucas!

Mindy March 24, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

AWWW, Farrah he is so sweet. That third pic is breathtakingly beautiful! Happy Birthday to him!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP