Out of the Mouths of Babes

>> Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just before New Years, I read several posts about people doing annual interviews with their kids. There has also recently been something similar going around Facebook. When I initially saw this idea, I thought it would be a great thing to do with the boys on their birthdays and record their answers every year. These are Lucas' answers from this year. Each answer is exactly as he said it- whether it makes sense or not. Some are silly and nonsensical and some answers are tender and very sweet. I guess that is fitting for my goofy, imaginative and yet very loving little boy! Enjoy and I hope it makes you smile.

Favorites:

  • cereal- cheerios
  • vegetable- fruit
  • drink- apple juice
  • toy- Cars, the ones with eyes
  • TV Show- Cars Movie
  • game- Candy Land
  • book- Cars is my favorite book (are you seeing a theme around here?)
  • restaurant- McDonalds (uh-oh...)
  • holiday- getting groceries (umm, SO not a holiday, but that is what he said even after I explained what a holiday was)
  • animal- giraffes

If you could change your name, what would you choose? L-U-C-A-S

What do you love about each person in our family? Daddy-his work, Caden-he's so giggly, Hadley-he's a puppa puppa, Mommy- how you love me so much

Where would you like to go on vacation this year? Florida

What are some of your wishes for this year? a brush so I can brush a goat (We recently went to the zoo where he got to brush a goat and he thought that was super cool)

And here are his 3yr. old thoughts on Mommy.... oh, boy.....

1. What is something mom always says to you? "Come here"
2. What makes mom happy? Me cleaning up my toys
3. What makes mom sad? Hitting you, Mommy
4. How does mom make you laugh? Little giggles
5. What was your mom like as a child? I don't know, I wasn't born yet (He's got me there)
6. How old is your mom? 2years months
7. How tall is your mom? Big enough to carry a whole ark (Wow, that IS big!)
8. What is her favorite thing to do? Play with blocks
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? I don't know, I'm not here. (He's got me there too.)
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? I don't know, mommy, you're not famous (So true...)
11. What is your mom really good at? trying shoes on (huh? I don't think have bought a new pair of shoes in a REALLY long time. Not for myself anyway)
12. What is your mom not very good at? getting things out of stuff- like play doh and rocket ships
13. What does your mom do for a job? Go help people at the hospital (I'm a nurse part-time :) )
14.What is your mom's favorite food? Sausage (only if found in gravy and served over biscuits)
15.What makes you proud of your mom? Helping me clean up my toys
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? A truck
17. What do you and your mom do together? play with cars (yup, in fact we are doing it right now!)
18. How are you and your mom the same? me and you are best friends
19. How are you and your mom different? trying on shoes (again, huh?)
20. How do you know your mom loves you? SO MUCH!! Same as me! (points back to mommy)
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? hugging each other
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? to the fairy place. Do you like to go to the fairy place, Mommy? You know, where all the fairies live and they sleep and they eat their oatmeal.
Is there anything else you want to say that I can write here? It is all about me, going on the potty. That is what it is all about. You can write that, Mommy.

Did you smile? I love seeing his perspective on his world. I think we'll try to do this every year and see how the answers evolve. My sweet little man!



Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

3 comments:

Caitlin Murray Giles March 27, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

I love this! I just added you my to reader and this was the first post up today -- just love it. Totally going to copy you and do this with my kids.

Also, my daughter got to brush a donkey at the zoo TWO years ago and we still talk about it at least once a week. :)

Atwood-Family of FIVE March 27, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

What a cute idea-I'll have to do it w/ Anne!

Amanda March 30, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

I definitely smiled :).

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP