Weary Travelers

>> Tuesday, March 3, 2009


My boys and I are in Florida!! Hooray!! It is nice to be here with my parents and my sister and have a little respite from the brutal Chicago winter weather. And while I am super glad to be here, the getting here was a bit rough. Maybe it was the delayed flights or missed connections or the lost bags that made the day so long and exhausting. Or it was the MAJOR poop blowout at 30,000ft and turbulent flight with a frightened toddler (and Mama) and sitting in the bulkhead seats so we couldn't have our bags with snacks and entertainment and diapers/change of clothes to deal with the poop now covering EVERYTHING!! It could have been trying to get my bag out of the overhead to deal with said poop with Caden in the sling and Lucas crying that it is too loud and he just wants to land and dropping my bag on the head of the unfortunate man sitting next to us. Maybe the exhausting part was running with boys and stroller and bags through Dallas airport to try and make our connection and Lucas almost getting left on the train to the next terminal because he was not holding onto the stroller like I asked him and the doors closed crazy-fast! (Had a kind lady not held the door open with her foot and gently shoved Lucas out the door, he would have been well on his was to Terminal D without me.) Oh, well.... put it all together and you have one exhausted mama and two exhausted boys. Lucas even fell asleep watching a DVD on our second flight (which was turbulance and poop-free, thank heavens!!) . That is just how tired we all were.

But now we are here... and ready to soak in the sun!! This mama needs a little beach therapy.


Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

4 comments:

Catherine March 3, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

Ooof! Well, I'm glad you made it...soak in some much needed rest!

TwoSquareMeals March 4, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

Wow! That sounds nightmarish! I hope my flight with the baby tomorrow night is much less eventful. By the way, why was the man sitting near you getting a bag dropped on his head instead of offering to get the bag down for you himself? Please tell me someone, sometime during that trip offered to help you! Enjoy the beach.

Mindy March 4, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

Wow, hats off to you mama for braving the trip with two little ones on your own. I don't know if I would be so brave. Enjoy that warm beach sunshine and soak up some for me too!!

Heather March 5, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

My heart was racing just hearing about it! I am glad you made it! Enjoy the warm and the R&R!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP