A quick peek

>> Monday, May 19, 2008

I had an non-routine visit to the OB this morning. After some bloodwork last week, my doc called me on Friday and wanted me to come in this morning for a quick ultrasound. My goofy pregnant body has a problem keeping my platelets (they call it gestational thrombocytopenia) and other red blood cell counts at normal levels. It has happened before and is happening again. But I had a drastic drop in my counts in the last few weeks so they wanted to look with ultrasound to make sure my placenta wasn't detaching or that there isn't any other source of bleeding or anything. There isn't. This is just how my body does pregancy as goofy as it may be. It doesn't really cause any issues unless the platelets get too low for them to low to do an epidural for my c-section. Then I would have to have general anesthesia, but we'll cross that bridge if we have to. Anyway... the point I set out to make is that I got to have a quick peek at my newest little man today. It was fun to see him wiggling in there and put a face to the little gymnast I feel. With my first son we got to have LOTS of ultrasounds. With Lucas pretty much the standard with an extra one late just to make sure all was o.k. I knew they wouldn't find any source of bleeding to explain my low numbers today. The OB says placenta and all looks great. Baby Next weighs close to 3lbs. now and is about 13-14 inches long. My belly has popped way out in recent weeks so I could kinda tell he had gone through a bit of a growth spurt.

It was really fun to see him and start to get better aquainted with the newest member of our family. We have decided on a name, which I will tell at some point. With knowing his name and feeling him move all the time and then seeing him again today, I am feeling like I am starting to really bond with him and am getting really excited about him joining us in about 12 short weeks.

5 comments:

TwoSquareMeals May 19, 2008 at 5:26 PM  

Is it really just 12 weeks? Time has flown since your first ultrasound. We can't wait to meet him, whatever his name is.

Catherine May 19, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU IN 12 WEEKS, LITTLE GUY! We love you already. :)

Just Me May 20, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

We were never that good about deciding on a name! Still are not!
That is one good thing about being high risk, you get to see your babe a ton more!

12 weeks is all that is left? I am so excited for you!

Unknown May 20, 2008 at 3:28 PM  

I loved that bonding time of feeling Ladybug move and knowing her name. It's a special time - enjoy every moment!

Unknown May 23, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

Isn't it just amazing? The sheer complexity of the process of forming a baby in the womb is overwhelming if you think about it - God is truly amazing!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP