Sex and the City... counting down the days!!

>> Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I can't tell you how excited I am for the Sex and the City movie coming in just a few short weeks. I watched the show religiously, still do when I can catch the late-night re-runs. It is like my little escape from reality into this fun world of friendship and romance and amazing fashion.

I love it for many reasons but mostly because I love the dynamics between these four woman who are so different yet share so much.

I love their honesty. I love how they share EVERYTHING with each other, no matter how potentially embarrassing or how it may make them look. I love that they share the good and the bad and the kinky. I love that they bounce things off each other without being afraid of looking stupid or uninformed. They have their opinions and stick to them no matter what their friends think. They are four very different, very independent women who depend on each other for everything.

Is the show really about sex? Kinda. But not really. It is more about relationships and all that comes in that territory. It is such a great picture to me of friendship, truly sharing their lives with each other and walking together through whatever life throws at them - men, babies, infertility, cancer, marriage, .... You name it. They deal and they deal together. I love it.

I, for one, will see the movie as soon as I can get my 7-month pregnant self to a theater.... Hopefully sometime Friday night (opening night). I have been counting the days. Even hubby wants to go. He loves it too even though he may not openly admit it. :)

Can't wait for the movie? Need a little sex talk today? Check out
Chicago Moms Blog and all the sister sites! Here is my post if you are interested. A topic day about sex.... count me in!


2 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com May 22, 2008 at 7:26 AM  

I rarely see movies right after their release, but I really want to see this one! It won't be this weekend for me, but soon!

Cindy Fey May 24, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

My favorite character is Miranda. I was really moved to follow her story of getting pregnant, falling in love with her son's father, deciding on a low key but lovely wedding and moving to Brooklyn. Did you see the episode when Steve came to her mother's funeral? Waterworks. Real moments like that made all the fluffy episodes about dating nearly forgettable.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP